Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

Merry Christmas! I hope that all of you are enjoying a relaxing day filled with family, friends, and the love of Christ. I had a great time celebrating the reason for the season these last couple of days with my family and friends through dinners, church, dessert, and presents! I am so blessed!

This morning was especially great, not only because it is Christmas, but because I am so blessed to have a family that knows the Lord and the real reason we celebrate Christmas. This morning our family woke up to pray and sing some worship songs before opening any presents. It was great to get centered on God and be filled with Him, instead of the things of this world. In one of the songs we sang the words really hit me and instantly I knew I had to post them on the blog for all of you to read. They once again reminded me in a simple way what today, tomorrow, and the future is really all about...Him. Today is not about the Apple products you received this morning, or the Cinnabon's you ate for breakfast, or Grandma's sugar cookies (well maybe about the sugar cookies :)), but truly about Him. Let's live our lives so that He and others can see the light. Let these words sink in today and really hit you.

"
I'm coming back to the heart of worship

And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the things I've made it
When it's all about You
All about You, Jesus"

No comments: