Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yup, You've Been Called!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

What's on your heart today? I know there's one thing that is in the fore-front of your mind and you're just wondering how it is all going to work out. You are stressed more than you can show, because others have been lead to believe that you have fully given your situation over to God, when in reality you are still trying to hold what is left of the situation it in your hands without letting it slip through.

So really, what is this so-called problem you face that is too big for God to handle? Ha. Too big for God. NOTHING is too big for God. If God can take ashes and make humans, He can also take your situation and work it out into good. So, right now...before reading anymore of this silly blog...stop and earnestly give it to Him. Whether big or small, life changing or day changing, He can take it and wants to use it because He loves you.

Did you pray and whole-heartedly give it to Him? Okay good!

Look back on some key situations in your life and see how they have played together into your future. I can guarantee --well God can guarantee and I can have faith in His guarantee-- that He has worked them together for good. Here's an small example of His faithfulness: since summer I have been trying to figure out nursing school stuff and get into classes. Too say the least it's been frustrating, overwhelming, up in the air, and a drawn out waiting game. After months of taking on the daunting task of trying to work out everything on my own, I finally REALLY gave it up to God and guess what? Not only was it a relief to relish control, but it worked out far better than I could have ever planned myself! Not only did I get enrolled into the classes I need, but I also am able to stay at my job (which means $ and benefits), and I had to learn to trust His will and timing for my life (which I know I will continually have to re-learn). Amen!

I like how Oswald Chambers describes the testing of our faith:

"The goal of faithfulness is not that we will do work for God, but that He will be free to do His work through us. God calls us to His service and places tremendous responsibilities on us. He expects no complaining on our part and offers no explanation on His part. God wants to use us as He used His own son."

No comments: