Monday, January 14, 2008

Just The Way You Are



This afternoon I opened up my Max Lucado, "Grace For the Moment" daily devotional and read words that I needed to be reminded of. As you can see, it's been tough lately for me to get in the word and get a good post on here. I got caught up in the rush and recovery of the holiday season, a double cold, and then a trip to my home state of Colorado. I saw this and it met me right where I am today. I thought I'd post Max's insight on here for you too because no matter where we are in life, how strong or weak we think our faith is, or if you aren't even living a life that reflects God---that's okay! Come as you are...rest in these words and know that YOU ARE LOVED!

Max writes:

"God loves you the way you are, but he refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus. If you think his love for you would be stronger if your faith were, you are wrong. If you think his love would be deeper if your thoughts were, wrong again. Don't confuse God's love with the love of people. The love of people often increases with performance and decreases with mistakes. Not so with God's love. He loves you right where you are."

This reminds me of that Billy Joels song from the 80's... "Just The Way You Are!" It's stuck in my head and I can't seem to get it out (and I only know one line of the song), but I guess it is a great reminder that God loves me and you, just the way we are.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

No comments: