Friday, November 30, 2007

God Has A Purpose For Me!

"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:8

I love how the NASB version states the first part of the verse, "The LORD will accomplish ALL that concerns me..."

I know I've been talking a lot in these blogs about stress and worry over my future and this verse totally and completely speaks to me at this point in my life. This verse let's me take a giant step back, take a deep breath in, and helps me to realize it really is going to be alright!!!

I've been trying to figure out my nursing school future since July and I still don't have a solid plan in place come January. I have this set mindset of when I will start school and when I will be done. MY timeline is all planned out and I'm "patiently waiting" for things to fall into place. I've prayed and prayed, have had others pray for my future and it's already December and I'm still clueless to where I'll be come January. This verse tells me to slow down, catch my anxious little breath, and know that everything will be okay. It will happen, God will fulfill the desires of my heart, but in His time, not mine.

You see, He has everything planned out for me (and you) already. He knows just when we will start something, the moment we will finish it, and He will be sure to include those "sure God moments" in between. I think that God is totally using this situation of mine to teach me a few things. I think He wants to teach me patience and guide me towards a worry-free mindset. I also think He wants me to wait on faith---to really wait on Him to fulfill His works. Maybe I am waiting because a few years down the road, when and if I do become a nurse, there will be one of those "sure God moments" that I will be needed and used for and if I had rushed into school on my own--I would miss the oppourtunity He has laid ahead.

So, here's to oversized school books and late-night study sessions, clinical rotations and scrubs...I will let God accomplish ALL that concerns me, instead of trying to do it all by my little self. My life and purpose is bigger than me and I can't wait to see God fulfill each and every detail that concerns me.

No comments: